The Lift: 4 ways to standout from the crowd and be distinct{A MUST READ}

LIVING  MORE THAN EXPECTATION


"Back then when I was entering college, a young, happy boy going to start a new life with personally set goals. The night before I left, my dad called me and sat me down, this rarely happens but when it happens I know am in for another bible study that could take hours...lol, He called me my full name and said "Christopher, I don't have much to say, but I got 3 plans for you, one, don't bring a pregnant girl to my house, two, bring a degree of First Class Honours and lastly be the best graduating student in your set so companies will be waiting for you to work for them at the end of your schooling…..well, that was a great plan for a father who wanted the best for his son, but I had personal plans and half of this plans contradicts the third Goal he set for me, I didn't want to work for companies, no… I want companies to work for me, though I was going to one of the prestigious universities in my country and I was doing one of the best courses but seriously out of my 10 Listed plans getting First Class is like the 6th of list, but on the other hand my dad was expecting First Class, So I sat down throughout the night and reset those goals, luckily for "First Class" it got the No 1 role in my List, Then starting my entrepreneurial work got the 2nd and then the rest. Not everyone in school had the same vision with me, not everyone thought it was possible to be an entrepreneur and come out with a good grade, but I decided to be unique in my thinking,working and everything in general, after my 5 years I didn't bring a pregnant girl to my dad…..lol, I got the first class but not the best student in my set and most important of all I had a working successful company in school making my cash.

At times in life, It seems like everyone is expecting something great from you , parents wanting you to be the best in school, friends wanting you not to betray them, teachers wanting you to pass their courses, your girlfriend wanting you to be better than another guy and you yourself wanting to beat everyone like you are in a competition, all these help, they push you forward in life and assist you to achieve well in life,( A friend of mine told me the reason he's successful now is because his girlfriend threatened him that she would dump him if he doesn't find work),but why not do more than what  they expect from you. First of all I'll tell you to meet up with that expectation they want you to reach  (as far its good) and then I'll tell you to exceed that expectation and be DISTINCT, doing more than what is expected should always be on the front-line of every of your set goals.

Personally, when I'm about to do something, I firstly research well on how it can be done and for sure the limit people have gotten to, then I set how to reach that limit that people have reached because you can't cross a border without first reaching there, finally when have reached the limit I see how I can pass the limit and break records. What I mean here is, why not make yourself better than what everyone wants you to be , limitation is simply putting you backward because circumstance or people leave you there, while Uniqueness is handpicking yourself for greater exploits, you've got to show them that you are bigger and  better  than that.

        HOW TO LIVE MORE THAN EXPECTATION AND STANDOUT

1. Do What you know How to do best: As I stated in my previous post, everyone has a unique talent, though you may not be the alone one that has that particular talent,but when others are using their talent the same way, use yours in a positively different way, don't follow the trend all of them are taking, doing what you know in a special way will handpick you among the rest, now when I say in a special way, I don't mean in an awkward way, I mean in a  specially perfect way and in a way to attract people to your work,if you sing, you don't follow the "everybody" style, you set a standard.

2. Set realistic Goals: I'm always particular about the word REALISTIC because people hear things,read things or even say things thinking it's so real or possible but meanwhile reality is far from it, set goals you know are achievable, don't set goals like I want to be a president when you know you don't even love politics or I want to be a professional medical Doctor meanwhile you are studying Law, write down goals that will help move your life forward.Please note that a goal set is not complete until it has a time frame, perhaps you've been given a task to do, set the time you want it done and you could surprise the person who gave you task by finishing earlier.Remember it must be realistic and it must be met (except when special cases arises).

3. Stay True to yourself: You are who you are not minding what anyone says, you create yourself and you destroy yourself, there's no excuse like "I failed because of this and that", you are who you want to be, not what people want you to be, you decide outstanding-ness and failure by yourself, so be who you are and if you notice that the present "you" is not the best, strive to reach the best "YOU", also don't mind haters, they will surely tell you, you can't make it but surprise them and make them work under your empire,  Be confident to defend what you have and what you've done, not minding the situation on ground.

4.Try to be dependent: Ok.....most of us depend on friends, parents and colleagues for support, finance etc, but I mean instead of you doing things because you want support or because people are doing it, why not stop chasing what others are chasing and be dependent on your opinion, thoughts, lifestyle and your passion, this doesn't mean you won't listen to other people opinion but put your opinion first and paramount before any other.Avoid friends who always want to be bossy around because they pull you down and affect your thinking.
            CONCLUSION
Being Distinct and Living more than expectation makes you stand out wherever, whenever and in whatsoever you do, Take, for example, everyone is wearing a black suit and you are only one wearing white, you feel like a boss and Doors of opportunities will be opened automatically for you. "Be special your own way because it's not easy to access lots of people for opportunities, they just pick the unique ones and access them".
Someone needs this article, so please share and comment your thoughts. THANKS                                                                     Have a lifted day.

Please follow us on Google+ - Real Tee
Like our Facebook Page - Teens Lift
Follow us on Twitter - @iamrealtee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tested and Working : How to Stop any kind of Addiction

CHECKOUT THIS YOUNG TEENAGE GIRL WHO HAS AMPUTATED LIMBS AND STILL GET THOUSANDS OF VIEWS ON HER YOUTUBE VIDEOS

12years old Girl that makes lots of cash from making Lollipops